House sharing is essentially an important part of being a millennial residing in London.
If you pick to live inside the metropolis and don’t happen to have wildly rich parents, you’ll need to shack up with a few pals (or strangers) to afford an area to live. The intricate bit is knowing whether you’re getting a bargain or being vastly ripped off.
It doesn’t help when you speak to human beings outside of London who berate you for chucking your cash away when you may be living someplace else for a 3rd of the value.
To get a few extra clarity on renting in London, without the judgmental ‘pass North’ line, we released What I Rent, a series that takes you within the rented belongings of a one-of-a-kind character every week. This week we’re chatting to Harriet and Hannah, each 23, who proportion a 3-bed room flat in St Paul’s with other housemates, Jack, 23, and Joe, 24.
Hey Harriet! How an awful lot do you pay to stay right here?
- I pay £850 consistent with the month, and about £50 a month in payments.
- And what do you get for what you pay?
- There are three bedrooms, one master lavatory, and one en-suite, plus a residing room and a kitchen and dining location.
How did you end up living right here?
We all went to Loughborough University together. We went via months of full-size looking – however, it changed into all really worth it.
Are you glad where you live?
Yes, very! The first-class element is probably the place – it’s so lovely that we can all walk to work! The flat itself may be very spacious, especially for primary London, and has a lovable new kitchen. We have a adorable courtyard out the lower back of the property – which makes it very quiet for imperative London.
Do you feel like you’ve got sufficient space?
- The bedrooms are honestly desirable sizes and all very equal.
- Overall the flat looks like a superb length even though there are four folks in a three-bed. The en-suite helps to reduce fights for the toilet inside the morning.
- How have you ever made your vicinity feel like home?
- We love the communal vicinity – we’ve tried to make it sense homely with plant life, books, and candles.
- We all love cooking, so the bookshelf is a large characteristic – with all the cookbooks.
- We additionally love website hosting human beings, so enjoy having a big eating location and ensure the bar is constantly completely stocked… and are up to now unbeaten at Prosecco pong.